Ability Services - Building On Strengths

Step 2

Talking to an Expert
Finding professional guidance to support you is essential in this process. Start with the advice of a professional you trust. This trustworthy professional may be your child's pediatrician or your family doctor, a mental health care provider, a respected teacher, or a school official. Regardless of whom you first receive guidance from, it is critical that you seek a referral to a learning and attention expert. A learning and attention differences expert has had specialized training in learning and attention differences; their clinical practice focuses specifically on individuals with learning and attention differences. The right professional for you is someone with the expertise you need and someone you like working with. (Click here for a list of the types of professionals who specialize in helping individuals with learning and attention differences - pdf file only.) Remember, finding the right expert to guide you is critical to your success.

Previous Step   To Stairway   Next Step